Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:13:08 -0600
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> True, but this one has been digging under my skin for a while now.

Natch.  Clearly, it's Satan ...

>> It's a good way to make interesting photos of the girls?

> Thy don't sit still long enough to keep a flash picture from getting
> blurred. ;)

Chips off the old block, I see.

> Can't I fall off the wagon once in a while?  It's only once a year! I didn't
> realize that buying a camera was equated with moral failure!  I'm sure there
> will be people espousing a penance involving the OM-3Ti...

Hmmm, it appears that you're already in the throes of it, sinner.

> Seriously, we can blame this whole thing on Mr. NSURIT.  I could have lived
> a nice full life without ever being corrupted by him in this krappy kamera
> thing.  First of all, he creates this awesome color pinhole picture taken
> with the E-1.  I love it, Karen despises it.  And then on the Isle Royale
> Workshop, he drags out the 612 or whatever size pinhole camera it was. This
> thing was beautiful.  We were working this one rocky coastline scene and I'm
> rather pumped with the quality of pictures I'm getting.  He takes a handful
> of shots with the Zero Image.  One of those images ends up getting submitted
> to some competition and getting exhibited.  Amazing shot--frankly THE shot
> of the week that trumped every single one I took.
>
> On a positive note, these Zero Image cameras are all dirt-cheap. The 6x6
> Deluxe is all of $172. It's not like buying an E-3 or 5Dmk2.

That's the cost of the camera or a roll of the film +development?

Frankly, bottom line, all the persuasive elements are in place to make
a decision:

1. It's related to photographic equipment in some way.
2. You want it.

Why are we talking about this again? ;^)

Joel W.