Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:16:01 -0500
For me it was. You're in Iowa, I bet it is windy there a lot. A camera with
alarge bellows connecting thin standards several inches apart will shake
badly when hit by even light wind no matter how sturdy the camera. My 4x5
has gottan almost no use since I got it 13 years ago, it sits in  closet
gathering dust, because it just isn't usable in the weather conditions in
the midwest. I know someone will inevitably have to chime in saying they use
4x5 in hurricane force winds all the time. Sure, whatever. If you want the
sharpness 4x5 is known for, it has to be calm.

Get a Hasselblad! I love mine. I hope I never get broke enough to have to
sell it...i've lost too much good equipment to the need to eat :( but things
are going ok now, thankfully. I really like the square too and that is
another reason to use 6x6 for me.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography