Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:13:09 -0600
Joel Vampire Wilcox wrote:

> One of my rules of life is not to make momentous decisions in
> February, particularly if you live in this climate.

True, but this one has been digging under my skin for a while now.

> It's a good way to make interesting photos of the girls?

Thy don't sit still long enough to keep a flash picture from getting
blurred. ;)

Situationally, it's a species of cabin fever and/or SADS.  You're
> ready for spring, dood.  Existentially, you're probably many rungs
> higher up the scale of moral rectitude than most of us, myself
> certainly included.

Can't I fall off the wagon once in a while?  It's only once a year! I didn't
realize that buying a camera was equated with moral failure!  I'm sure there
will be people espousing a penance involving the OM-3Ti...

Seriously, we can blame this whole thing on Mr. NSURIT.  I could have lived
a nice full life without ever being corrupted by him in this krappy kamera
thing.  First of all, he creates this awesome color pinhole picture taken
with the E-1.  I love it, Karen despises it.  And then on the Isle Royale
Workshop, he drags out the 612 or whatever size pinhole camera it was. This
thing was beautiful.  We were working this one rocky coastline scene and I'm
rather pumped with the quality of pictures I'm getting.  He takes a handful
of shots with the Zero Image.  One of those images ends up getting submitted
to some competition and getting exhibited.  Amazing shot--frankly THE shot
of the week that trumped every single one I took.

On a positive note, these Zero Image cameras are all dirt-cheap. The 6x6
Deluxe is all of $172. It's not like buying an E-3 or 5Dmk2.

Right?

AG (Slippery Slope) Schnozz