Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:47:54 -0600
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess, what I'm asking is this:
> 1. Am I nuts for being bored with my photography and wanting to really shake
> things up a bit?

One of my rules of life is not to make momentous decisions in
February, particularly if you live in this climate.  (The fact that
most momentous crises seem to be presented in Feb is a different
problem.)  Think about it.  Your skin is like a gator's and it doesn't
even bother you any more.  You're white as paste (and you don't even
have to be caucasian), you've got a cough, and it feels like your gut
is a mile wide.  Your Vitamin D deficiency is so bad you think the
alphabet has 25 letters.  You can't improve on your snow photography
this year when you've got snow and when you don't the landscape looks
like a dirty dishrag.

And that was me having a little conversation with myself in the mirror.

> 2. Can I satisfactorily achieve at least a modicum of my desires with just a
> pinhole cap for the OM system?
>
> 3. 6x6, 612B or 4x5?

See above.

> 4. How can I sell the idea to SWMBO that I need this handbuilt wood box with
> pretty brass fittings?

It's a good way to make interesting photos of the girls?

> 5. This really is a disease, isn't it?

Situationally, it's a species of cabin fever and/or SADS.  You're
ready for spring, dood.  Existentially, you're probably many rungs
higher up the scale of moral rectitude than most of us, myself
certainly included.

Joel W.