Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:18:22 +0800
It is smart to wait, I went the wrong way to E-3 and sold the E-1, from in
and out it is not right to me. The size, the focusing problem, the title
viewfinder.... But it has been four years, I just can't wait :-)

I belive the E-4 will be in 15-20MP range. MP war is just started in DSLR.
N*kon is catching up, one cannot say their 12MP is better than the other's
20MP. Olympus cannot just stopped there at 12MP.

Quality control is the key for Olympus, they need much higher precision in
lens manufacturing than FF. I have seen two kit lenses and one 11-22 has
problem myself, one side of the image is sharper than the other side. I have
totally lost confidence on their products.

I really enjoy the OM lenses, their build quality is great and the optics
are quite nice even in today's standard with the exception of the coners
which they expected it is covered by slide mount :-)

BTW, I whish you have a successful shooting day(s).

C.H.Ling