Re: [OM] Latest Combination

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest Combination
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:35:32 -0800
> From: Frank van Lindert <Senax@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I didn't know about cattle being run on the same patch of land in
> off-years...
>
> I doubt whether a fence like the pictured one would keep out deer...
> It would certainly not prevent Dutch deer from having their free meal.
> Maybe US deer are more 'civilised'?

I plead guilty to not having looked at the photo. I think the cattle
explanation is probably closer, if the fence looks like it would not
keep out deer.

I don't think our deer fence would last long with cattle, though,
unless we ring it with a couple strands of electric. Cattle are
notorious for brining down fences via rubbing on posts and such. We
are planning to have goats in there.

:::: Apple's market share does provide us with an accurate reading of
the percentage of reasonable people in our society. -- Roger Ebert ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::