Re: [OM] (OT) Need advice on financing a move to digital with some curre

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Need advice on financing a move to digital with some current gear
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:00:28 -0400
Thanks Bill. Definitely planning on selling the lenses separately
from the body, and I'd consider selling accessories (like the
binocular viewer or the bag bellows) separately as well, although
that at least fits a lot more closely with the body. Definitely want
to maximise the interest in the items and I figure that with the
lenses I'd much rather have a number of people saying, "wow that's a
really good lens," rather than "wow, that's a really good lens but I
don't need that body".

Really looking forward to getting rid of this now. I mean it's a
shame that I never did get into doing 4x5 but I've come to realise
that LF is not for those that don't have a car (unless you only want
to do studio work). And the fact that I can likely sell this off and
end up with a DSLR that will see much more use is really nice. My
goal is to try to raise enough money (or nearly enough) to pay for a
full-frame body (leaning toward a Nikon D700 at the moment but I'll
have to try it out and the Canon 5d MK II first, maybe even the Sony
a900 if I get a chance) and then see what money I can scrape together
for lenses, which might just mean that I get a fast 50mm for starting
out since they tend to be cheap yet really good.