Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour

Subject: Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:01:40 +0800
Based on some old memories with negative/prints, the 50/2 was higher in
contrast and sharpness, the 50/3.5 has better color among all 50mms and its
resolution is very good. To me it is easy to focus as I like the short
travel (focusing) angle compare with the standard 50mm, long travel distance
is a problem like the Zuiko 35-105/3.5-4.5 which make it very difficult to
guess the best focusing point.

I didn't like the 50/2 for its high contrast and sold it, the current 50/2 I
got was purchased from Gary Faulkenberry (thanks Gary!) last year as I heard
so many good reviews about it on digital film.

The old Minolta screen 7 can fit directly on the OM bodies but a bit short
on the height, you have to make sure it stand at the center of the focusing
screen holder of the camera to avoid seeing an edge on viewfinder. In my
eyes Minolta Acute Matte is better than the OM 2-series screen, it is not as
bright but much easier to focus.

C.H.Ling