Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour

Subject: Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:05:06 +1000
Ken Norton wrote:
> I posted a mini photo project on the www.zone-10.com website. Yes,
> this is a shameless plug alert...

I firstly must say that it is so totally utterly contrary to my nature
to take photos of people in the street (at least without the long lens)
that it is akin to asking of myself to jam a chopstick in my eye (I am a
chronic introvert). I used to wander the crowded city of Sydney on my
days off, and so many of them managed to exclude even the smallest part
of said crowds.

What impresses me about your "One roll..." project is how many of them
I'd consider "keepers" by my standards. Hell, even the ones including
your own reflection have an autobiographical quality that would not let
me cull them. However, to get to the point, my favourites in your
project would be (in no order):

http://zone-10.com/UserFiles/Image/One%20Hour/9414-20-web.jpg
(which I think I would like to see in black and white, though I
acknowledge that misses the point of the exercise)

http://zone-10.com/UserFiles/Image/One%20Hour/9414-14-web.jpg

http://zone-10.com/UserFiles/Image/One%20Hour/9414-09-web.jpg

http://zone-10.com/UserFiles/Image/One%20Hour/9414-02-web.jpg

Hmm, I just noticed that, other than the autobiographical reflection in
the last, my favourites don't include people. How's that for
confirmation of subjectivity? ~wry smile~

Thanks, Ken. I'm about to purchase yet another film camera (a "toy") and
I think this exercise would do me well, or at least get me out of the house.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery