[OM] Re: New Windoze Mojave OS

Subject: [OM] Re: New Windoze Mojave OS
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:55:52 +0100
Moose wrote:

> People even complain about the look and how the Aero look is eating up
> their machine CPU. It's a matter of a few seconds to make it look just
> like XP, with no Aero translucency,if that's what they want.

I bought a refurbished Gateway laptop with a mobile Sempron 1.8GHz and
512 Mb of RAM a couple of months ago, to use for storing/viewing images
when off in the Romahome. I upped the RAM to 1.5Gb and aim to up the HDD
to 250Gb fairly soon. Current drive is only 60Gb.

It came with Vista Home Basic, and was slow before the RAM went in. I
bought the RAM with the machine, but ran it first to see how bad it was.
It was OK, but I needed more for Lightroom.

The machine won't run the fancy stuff, which I don't want anyway. Once
the apps are running, I don't notice the OS. But it is rock steady,
stability itself.

This box will never win any speed contests, but there's nowt wrong with
Vista in my experience. I was going to revert to XP, but if anything I
would up the XP machines to Vista, if I wasn't so tightfisted, poor, and
the boxes weren't running fine anyway. I'd buy another of these boxes in
a minute, if I could sneak it past the wife, though I'd rather have an
11-22 for the E-1...

D.