[OM] Re: digital lenses and manual focusing

Subject: [OM] Re: digital lenses and manual focusing
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:44:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Daniel Sepke wrote:

> The E-3 only has one focusing screen option from Olympus, the grid "screen"
> is actually just an overlay. True focusing screen alternatives are bleak.

The FS-3 grid screen is an actual screen and not just an overlay. I just
had one installed in my E-3 and I received my old E-3 screen in return
(complete in an old OM style screen case :-).  The original screen is
completely blank and nothing more than a matte screen.  I'm sure Olympus
could come up with a screen that had some manual focusing aids on it if
they wanted to.
                                        -mark.