[OM] Camera as an Automotive Tool

Subject: [OM] Camera as an Automotive Tool
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:03:56 -0400
 I talked myself into a repair project. Well, the garage talked me into it
:) $700 to replace my plastic Mercury Marquis intake manifold. I bought an
aftermarket replacement on Evilbay for $200 and dove in. Three days later
and it's in! So, THAT'S why they charge so much...
 Being foolish, I thought it would all be done in a mere six hours.
Thankfully, I took pictures along the way to remember where everything
really went. The E-510 came in pretty handy to document the original layout.
I find myself using my camera to fortify my failing memory more and more.
Now all I need to do is replace the frozen A/C compressor and I might have a
running vehicle :)
 Without my Olympus wrench I'd have been lost. Now I can return my buddys'
torque wrench...Before I misplace it.

http://www.bobdocherty.com/manifold/

Bob