[OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: babies, boobs, beach etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: babies, boobs, beach etc.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:52:02 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Alternate 1 - the woman is lovely but the infant appears to have pierced ears
> and I find that somewhat disturbing.

Male children in some parts of the world are circumcised as a matter of
culture and/or religion. Turns out to be a good thing for reducing HIV
infection rates.

Girl children, especially Catholics, in America South of the US, Spain
and I'd guess elsewhere, have their ears pierced. Turns out to be a good
thing for accessorizing.

Girl children in many parts of Africa are subjected to clitorectomies at
puberty. At least used to be done by male tribal elders - without
anesthetic.

The piercings will go away if unused.

Children are starving to death as a deliberate means of genocide in
several places. Children are starving to death in Haiti because they are
unable or unwilling to distribute the US food aid sitting in warehouses.
Only 2% of the food delivered has left the warehouses.

A loved, healthy, well fed, housed and clothed baby with a couple of
little holes in her ears is a problem?

Find something worth being disturbed about.

Moose