[OM] Re: Titanium does not make a camera indestructible

Subject: [OM] Re: Titanium does not make a camera indestructible
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:55:03 +0100
As you have yourself noted, Ian, no titanium was harmed in that experiment,
just brass.  I am sure John H. could replace the prism and optics, and get
the meter back in order.  But I am doubtful that even he could find another
top plate, judging from my own search a couple of years ago.  Robert Kan (of
this list) in Oz had one with a scratch, if I remember correctly, but that
was the only one I found until... But it took a very long time.
Fortunately, in my case, there was ni internal damage - but brass is very
soft!

--
Piers