[OM] rechargable lithium ion batteries

Subject: [OM] rechargable lithium ion batteries
From: om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:37:01 -0300
Cc: om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx

I normally use two rechargable 3 volt lithium ion battery packs in an OM flash
gun with my E510. The flash is a dedicated gun for the E series.

When the flash has not been used for several days the battery packs do not
bring the flash gun to life. If I change over to four Ultra Duracell 1.5 volt
batteries the gun springs to life. If I then change yet again to the LI battery
packs the flash springs to life immediately. It is almost as if the flash needs
to be initially energized with the Duracell batteries before the LI packs
become operative.

The LI packs are only a matter of a few weeks old, are fully charged and the
connector points on both packs and in the camera are clean.

When I start off from "cold" with the LI packs installed in the flash gun, the
gun still remains inoperative even if I jiggle the packs slightly or apply a
little pressure to the slide mount cover on the flash gun casing so as to
effect a "better" contact between the terminals on the packs and in the camera.

Does anyone have any idea about what might be ailing my flash gun and / or LI
battery packs?

John Hudson