[OM] Master Problems

Subject: [OM] Master Problems
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:41:19 +1000
This has prolly been dealt with before in bewildering detail but I
wasn't listening. Just sent the email below to Oly - any more
intelligent suggestions from the list assuming that I'll get the
usual pointless formula responses? Inadequate instructions, awkward
process - why can't they get this right?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

QUOTE
Dear Oly
I don't normally use the Olympus Master software as I simply upload
images from the card to Photoshop via a card reader.
However I would like to upgrade my E-330 to the latest firmware (v.
1.3) and so I have to use Master.
I cannot persuade the software to detect my camera at all, either for
an upgrade or even to check firmware version.

1. I have upgraded Master to v.2.06
2. I have connected directly to the computer's USB port.
3. I have made sure that the camera's USB connection is set to
'Storage'.
4. I have restarted Master for each attempt.

I am using a a Mac Pro Quad Core with OSX 10.4.11
ENDQUOTE