[OM] Re: MooseChuck [was Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective]

Subject: [OM] Re: MooseChuck [was Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective]
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:20:15 +1000
Moose wrote:
> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>> Well, maybe Moose can but PhotoShop "blending modes" (with a few
>> exceptions like multiply) are mostly a mystery to Chuck.
>>
> They are mostly a mystery to me too. I've tried reading the
> descriptions,which makes my head hurt. I"ve tried clicking on them,
> which mostly makes thing somewhere from funny through awful looking.

Although the "grunge" Actions I have suggest trying different blending
options during their running to help get the effect you're after, where
I have recently found them used a lot is in logo design or text effects.

I have been creating a logo of sorts, and it is during some of the
online tutorials for a specific effect that the Blending modes seem to
be used quite a bit, and to a decent end (though, admittedly, sometimes
it didn't seem to make much of a difference at all).

Of course, this doesn't mean they're not a mystery to me too, but it was
good to see they often had a practical purpose.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz