[OM] Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective

Subject: [OM] Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:05:08 -0400
Not surprising that your attempt looks very like mine except that I
didn't bother with painting out the slightly yellowish hair since I
wasn't going to display the result.  I started with the modified version
as the base layer rather than the top layer but that only effects how
much we move the opacity slider.

While it would be better to use raw when feeding an image to ACR it also
works with JPEG's and, since Bob's original image doesn't need a great
deal of color adjustment, I think it would be acceptable to use a JPEG
here if you had to.

I agree that shooting a white balance reference card would probably be
good but, in the end, it's what looks pleasing to the eye (and the
correct eye) that counts.

Chuck Norcutt