[OM] Re: MooseChuck [was Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective]

Subject: [OM] Re: MooseChuck [was Re: Portrait PP, Objective, or Subjective]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:48:31 -0400
"multiply", however, is useful in trying to recover detail lost (but not
completely) to overexposure.  In Katrin Eismann's "PhotoShop Restoration
and Retouching" she shows how to use the multiply blending mode in a
manner similar to stacking two overexposed slides of the same image to
build up density on badly faded images.  She also shows another method
for recovering highlight detail with digital images where one color
channel is blown but the others still have detail.  That method uses the
luminosity blending mode.  She has specific uses for another half dozen
or so of the blending modes but certainly not all of them.

Chuck Norcutt