[OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open friendly (maybe not) discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open friendly (maybe not) discussion
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:35:33 +1000
Gordon Ross wrote:
> ...so frankly I don't know why I would want an OLY
> digital - so what would I buy? and how would it fit in
 > with what I have?  and why would I buy it?

Unless I'm having false memories again (definitely a possibility), then
you're a bit of a skier, yes, Gord? So, it being cold, with the
potential for shocks and wetness (of the meteorological variety - I'm
not talking the type I use to get at the top of Funnelweb at Thredbo),
and perhaps wanting something that'll slip into a pocket, have you
considered one of the Oly Stylus "Tough" range of cameras (770SW and its
ilk). My 770SW might not have the best IQ of P&S cameras of similar
price (noise, jaggies, etc.), but it goes everywhere because I don't
care if I drop it, how it gets bashed around in my shorts pocket,
whether it gets wet, cold, hot, or the lens gets licked by the dogs (not
an infrequent occurrence, or at least it wasn't when I had Monty). I've
yet to take it in the surf (which is part of what I bought it for) but I
have no qualms about that, other than to keep a firm grip. It's small,
but hefty (it feels very solid) within that size. All this, and I put it
in the sink to clean it.

(Please, everyone, no contradicting any of the above - I'm trying to be
an "enabler", so my cause is just ;-) ).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz