[OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open friendly (maybe not) discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open friendly (maybe not) discussion
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:10:03 -0700
Hi Marc (the enabler)

OK not a bad idea-I have and still use my 35mm/2.8  stylus its a
classic and what was used to take my 'lister' photo.  The battery is
currently dead so the poor faithful stylus won't be aware that I've
heartlessly replaced it thank god. The problem then is only why I have
all the expensive Nikon gear - do you think they would take a trade?
I am kidding - but your suggestion is good so I will buy one.
Whatever it takes to keep my luddite standing in order. What I still
hope to see is a venue where the list displays.  Let me back up.
Before the digital revolution, because it occurred during the realm of
TOPE, if you were a 'lister' then you had automatic inclusion to TOPE
a no brainer. What brought us together was a love of OM's 1234 not OLY
digital.  There is not a natural progression from OM4 to E series so
many of us followed our leanings and needs elsewhere which negates
TOPE participation (with our firstline tools). If you bought an E
series you just  assumed inclusion based solely on the name in white
on the nameplate. I just like the comeraderie of the list, I like the
exercise and format of TOPE and would like them to remain aligned.
That is the discussion.

Gord