[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:13:14 +0000
Thanks, Rob

Since it is so long, I have advised my son to reject the claim from
the buyer.  There is apparently damage to the lower grip of the
computer (a G5 Mac) and the optical drive doesn't work.  There were
indeed photos to document the external damage.  He also said that
there was no damage to the box ...

The buyer decided against the insurance; I have little doubt that he
is telling the truth, for the most part, but I reckon he's left it too
long at 3 months.

Chris