[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:17:33 +0000
You're right about the various Sale of Goods Acts, Ian, but they apply
to traders.  Apparently, in the case of a business sending goods to a
customer, the customer has the right to reject the goods and demand
replacement, refund or repair.  But that has to take place within a
reasonable time.  What makes this difficult is that it is not between
a trader and a customer; it's a civil case between two parties.

Because it is that difficult, I have recommended that he reject it on
grounds that 3 months is too long to pass and expect any recompense.

Chris