[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:23:56 -0500
Scott Kelby, who writes the best books on actually using Photoshop
I've ever read, says the first step of his work flow is downloading
the images to computer, and while that's happening, he has them
converted from .NEFs to DNG.

I follow his lead on a lot of stuff, but I haven't started using DNG
yet. I did, however, incorporate one of his suggestions, and when
downloading from the card, I use CS3's neat little feature to
duplicate the files to a second location, which in my case is an
external hard drive. That way I've got a second set of RAW files as
backup. I suppose when I fill this hard drive, I'll just index it and
get me another one. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
"www.bwp33.com