[OM] Re: E-330 metering

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 metering
From: "Warren Kato" <wkkato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:38:27 -0800
Johnny, Thanks for the fredparker site.  Wonderful information.  I got my
question a little mixxed up and my former exposure information and queries
were from Buckskin Gulch.  It's quite a bit darker in there because the
walls of the slots are sometimes 250 feet high.

I don't think that setting the camera at a higher ISO will change the
ability of any camera to set exposures at lower light levels. It's just a
limitation of the exposure system to a certain EV level. The only thing that
will really change this is to get a lens with a larger aperture.

And I love live view for focusing in the dark.  I was doing some 2 second/f8
 exposures at sunrise in the Alabama Hills, aimed at the rocks on the
horizon, put on the live view x10 and it focused wonderfully.

Warren