[OM] Re: [Photo] Colonia del Sacramento

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Colonia del Sacramento
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:04:59 -0300
Thanks for looking and commenting ! - seems I did learn something, from
experience and from looking at and reading about your photographs, dear
zuikoholics.

Shall explain something about these:

First, one must know something about Colonia del Sacramento,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_del_Sacramento> or
<http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_del_Sacramento>

Last week someone known as Worldtraveller visited my Flickr account and
left some positive thoughts. Therefore I went to his account, wondering
why someone would be interested in mine and how did he find me. I felt
surprised: this man did travel a lot, and had been to Colonia del
Sacramento for a few hours.
One of his most commented shots was a sunset while traveling back to
Buenos Aires, possibly when passing alongside Isla Martín García. Maybe
he or people who commented knew or didn't, that those sunsets are fairly
common at the place -perhaps due to climatic reasons (high humidity
above the Paraná River delta) together with pollution rising from the
Argentinian horizon.

Wondered why I had never scanned a few shots I made during my last visit
to Colonia, and that was the main reason for scanning "just another sunset".
[tripod mounted Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 200mm f=1:4 @ f=1:5.6,
Zuiko 2X-A, bean bag, Provia 100F]

The Door is impossible to avoid. It's a cliché ... to avoid another
cliché, I decided to photograph it at night. Unexpectedly, my wife came
to see if I had got lost or what, at the time of exposure, so you can
see her ghosted silhouette there. I liked the effect, Colonia del
Sacramento is full of ghosts and I happened to picture one _ :^)
[tripod mounted Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 28mm f=1:2.8 @ f=1:8,
Provia 100F _ disgusting reflection from UV filter on the dark sky over
the stone wall]

Calle de San Pedro seems to be the favorite. Late at night, to avoid
tourists I walked around to find one of those typical streets. Well,
they are not that common. It took me a while to compose, and then again
unexpectedly, a car crossed the street. Andrew observed very accurately
how did  it slowed and stopped, accelerating after avoiding the expected
bump from the unevenly leveled crossing streets.
[tripod mounted OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 85 - 250mm f=1:5 @ f=1:11, @
85mm, Provia 100F]

Fernando.