[OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?

Subject: [OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:19:34 +0000
All you need to turn it into a "real" loupe is a spacer cylinder of clear
plastic the same height as the OM register distance which (if memory serves) is
46mm.  You could probably also make a simple set of stand-of legs instead of
the plastic cylinder.  Make it a little shorter and you can adjust it with the
focus on the lens to get it precise.  You'll have a tough time finding an
affordable loupe with the quality of your 50/1.8.

As to the scanner and the astro images I think you'll have to take manual
control of the exposure.  If the scanner software doesn't allow that then you
may want to install VueScan from hamrick.com

Chuck Norcutt