[OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?

Subject: [OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:00:41 -0800

Mike wrote:

> Darin,
>
> I have the 4400f but have never tried it for film scanning. It is very
> capable for what I use it for and should give decent results with film.
>
> I noticed that Ed Hamrick now supports it in one of the last
> reiterations of VueScan. I suggest you give that a try rather than the
> mediocre CanoScan Toolbox software.
>
> Mike

I've been pretty happy with it's film scans so far, with exception of the
night shots, though I haven't had time to do many with the holidays and all.
The scans have been a far cry better than what I was getting before using an
old Epson Perfection1250 to scan prints, but then that's not saying much.
;^)

I haven't really been using the CanoScan software for editing much. I use
the Gimp that, but will definitely give Vuescan a try.

Thanks for the tips and hope you had a great Christmas!

Darin