[OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?

Subject: [OM] Re: Light box & Loupe?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:30:52 -0800
Jay Drew wrote:
> I bought the 10 x 12 Portatrace box from B & H:
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/117090-REG/Porta_Trace_Gagne_10122C_10_x_12_Light.html
>
> So that chews up $50 bucks.
>
> And I just observed that they have a slide sorter attachment for this box:
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/125846-REG/Porta_Trace_Gagne_SST1012_9_x_12_Slide.html
>
> That chews up another 10 bucks.  (something else for my B&H wish list)

That looks like a good set-up.

But for me, there is one flaw, the sorter doesn't hold enough slides at
once. After many years with one that held 30 slides, it was such a
relief to have one that I could just mindlessly fill with a whole roll
before I started the sorting and culling process. Could be just me.

Moose