[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:02:43 -0500
On Monday, December 24, 2007 18:28, Chris Crawford wrote:
> They didn't need your computer to raid your Paypal account. Remember that
> Paypal is a website you can log into from any computer, anywhere in the
> world....if you have a username and password. Someone figured out your
> password and stole your money....I doubt they used your computer unless
> they raided your computer to get where you wrote the password in a file.

I've found that some people are very good at guessing passwords. I don't know
about other people, but I find that if I try to have passwords that are the
recommended style of mixed upper and lower case and special characters that I
can't remember them for any length of time unless I write them down and many
are hell to type error free.

What I'd like to see on sites like paypal is an email everytime someone tried
to login. It would give you an early warning that something was wrong. -Doug