[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 06:55:46 +0000
Bad luck Andrew.

The vulnerabilities that you can check with Grisoft are, I believe the
common ones.  And they are common to all network-enabled computers.
The tests therefore are valid for any platform.  They won't check for
OS-related vulnerabilities, but they won't be a problem if the
computer is not visible on the network.

However, you will note that the website's application seems to "know"
your IP number.  As long as this is a result of your having  selected
an action on the website, such as "Proceed", that would seem to be
OK ...

Happy Christmas, old bean, from a rainy England where most people are
ridden with colds.

Chris

p.s. I think that, in this context, it should have been "might have
lost funds".  Although, since you didn't, perhaps it shouldn't ... :-)
cb