[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:23:05 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks, Moose.  I'll watch out for that.  But first I shall try the
> normal output of JPGs to see whether I like non-RAW shots.

It makes nice JPEGs. RAW leaves the considerable noise intact, so NR is
pretty much a must for anything other than small prints at iso 100. The
upside of that is that one may apply NR selectively, rather than the
sometimes a bit too much, one size fits all of the JPEGs.

What surprised me was the amount of sharpening halo in the JPEGs.
Doesn't show at all with many subjects, but can be quite strong. None of
that in the RAW files.

Have fun and Happy Holidays.

Moose