[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:02:57 +0800
On Dec 20, 2007 8:46 PM, Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt the interesting OT stuff :-), but
> Should have (actually, must have):

You might look at Stephen Gandy's site. He mostly deals rangefinders but has
a ruggedized AA-powered Fuji digital designed for use on construction sites.
http://www.cameraquest.com/fujibigjob.htm

Also, Pentax have some DSLRs that have some features you ask for.

> 1.  Takes AA's unless you can convince me there is a reliable alternative
> for about 2 weeks with no chance of recharging battery.

6 Mpixel K100D with anti-shake and K110D without both take AAs.
There's a newer K100 Super, not sure what its features are.

> 4. Rugged. ...
> 7. Able to survive dust, lots of dust.

K10D, the 10 Mp model, is weather sealed, but does not take AAs.

--
Sandy Harris,
Nanjing, China