[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:42:45 -0700
Wayne Culberson wrote:

[snip]

> Basically what I need/want is a C5050 with no shutter lag, a better screen
> you can actually see on a sunny day, and faster turn on time.

My recommendation?  Phone (yes, *phone* -- this is going to require a
lot of interactivity) the good folks at a place like B&H Photo and give
'em your list.  If you get a good rep, he/she should be able to rapidly
winnow down the available cameras that meet your criteria.  I tried
briefly scanning through B&H's list of point-'n-shoots, and it was
rather mind-numbing (plus the summary info for each camera doesn't seem
to get into stuff like whether the LCD is flip-out, so you have to go to
the details for each camera, a very time-consuming process...).

Good luck.  You may have to bend on one or more of your requirements,
even though you obviously don't want to (and have good reasons for not
wanting to!).

Garth