[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:46:57 -0500
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> It's a slight annoyance, especially given the cost of genuine or even
> quality 3rd party dedicated Li-Ion batteries (such as Inca). Praise
> to Pentax for putting AA's in the K100D - that's why my school will
> be buying them

If its not too much more expensive, have them buy K100D Supers'. They
are just slightly updated, and have the contacts for current and future
in-lens motors.

My K10D uses the same NP-400 Li Ion battery as some Minoltas, and I've
had great experience with certain 3rd party batteries costing between
$5-10. The camera comes with a free 1 or 2-hour charger (you don't only
get an overnight one where the quicker one is optional), so charging is
quick, and cost compared to AA's aren't much of a problem but if all
your spares die, you can't duck into a store to buy alkalines.