[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:03:43 -0500
But I believe your assumption to be incorrect considering the test
results reported here <http://t5r.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/e1/clonetests.htm>

I once looked up the price for the Texas Instruments charge control and
short circuit protection electronics for lithium-ion batteries.  The
unit price was about $2.50 for quantity 10,000.  I don't think you're
going to find this sort of content in a nameless $5 battery and James
Attfield's tests (above) show that you may well not find it even well
above the $5 level.

It's not necessary to buy the camera brand which is excessively marked
up but, for safety's sake, I think it reasonable to go with a brand name
battery manufacturer such as Energizer which has a reputation to uphold
and is readily identifiable as the source for potential law suits (as
Sony has already found out).  I have purchased Energizer for the Canyon
and Maxell for the Mynolta and paid less than half the camera branded price.

Chuck Norcutt