[OM] Re: Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR - worth repairing? - long
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:39:06 +0000
Oh, and Dodge Ram trucks!  What design ... :-)

The London cabs used to be really ugly and somehow clumsy-looking.
But they're almost aerodynamically shaped now, and they all seem to
have automatic transmission -- quite sensible for the dreadful traffic
they have to mix with, in London, at least.

I'm sad that the USA is resisting the use of diesels; their
particulate emissions are being cleaned and their economy is just
excellent.  Although I continually look at other cars, in particular
the latest Mini, I am convinced that my little 150hp Beemer is just
the best car around.  Not that I would turn my nose up if someone
handed me the keys to something profligate like a Carrera ... :-)

Chris