[OM] Re: Could I have some hands on opinions of E-3 compared to E-330 an

Subject: [OM] Re: Could I have some hands on opinions of E-3 compared to E-330 and E-1
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:54:30 +0100
>Maybe it is something I have set wrong, but now that a few of you have
>been using the E-3 how does it REALLY compare to the E-1 and E-330 in
>terms of quality

Can't say anything about the 330, since I never used one, but the E-3
offers a huge improvement over the E-1 (and the E-400 owned by my
wife as well). The viewfinder is great - large and bright. Autofocus
is finally working like a charm (almost never used it with the E-1).
Hi-ISO performance is immensely improved (important for me since I do
a lot of concert shooting). The extra mm's at the wide-angle end of
the 12-60 over the 14-54 provide an unexpected bonus. My only real
gripe is the noise produced by the mirror-shutter mechanism. Even if
it is not louder in dB than the E-1 (which I subjectively doubt), it
sounds a lot more metallic and harsh.

Ton