[OM] Re: To keep the boxes or not to keep

Subject: [OM] Re: To keep the boxes or not to keep
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:44:24 -0800
> From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I don't see a digital camera of any type ever being a collectable.
> It's not
> like 35mm where the basic properties of film never changed.  Digital
> cameras
> are closer to computers and their value will diminish to nothing,
> over time.

And yet, certain classic computers are worth more now than they were
new. Check evilBay for stuff like the original Mac 512k (with original
disks).

So it could be that certain trend-setting digicams may be
"collectible" some day, and having the original box might be worth
something.

I've got an Apple QuickTake that I'm holding on to for my retirement
nest egg. :-)