[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:35:24 -0300
2007/8/30, John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> and I remember all the people who said they wouldn't buy an Olympus
> digital because they were discontinuing the OM System.

Don't quite get it.  OM was never autofocus, so it made little sense
to have a suboptimal digital system in order to get compatibility.  As
for manual focus, one can use old lenses with a cheap, good quality
adaptor.

Sure the OM system was much bigger, and even with Leica, Panasonic and
Sigma on board we aren't likely to see all that any time soon in
FourThirds.  So people who really needed a full OM system are left
with maintaining their legacy until FourThids develops enough or
migrating to Cannikon or whatever.  But for the rest of us…

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra