[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:24:08 -0600
Leandro DUTRA wrote:

[snip]

> If you need more MPx so be it.  But rumour is that Olympus may
> implement already to E‐3 some recent HDR patents it applied for.

HDR patents are all well and good, but the chip used to make an HDR
image has to have the headroom in the first place.  If the E-3's using
essentially the same chip as the E-410/510 (and it's rumoured that it
does), there's no headroom for HDR.

Of course, if they fix my other complaint (insufficient EV spacing in
multiple exposure series), you could at least put several images
together using Photomatix or somesuch...

Garth