[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:50:09 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> 10MP. Articulated LCD with live view. Apparently to be priced about
> $2000. If I may be granted a personal observation, 'tain't purty.

As Moose points out, it's not necessary to get the battery grip.  But
you're right, Winsor, it's not the prettiest thing in the world, and its
specs aren't gonna wow too many people who aren't already enamoured of
the Olympus marque.

I've known for the better part of the last year that I'm going to end up
being a two-system guy, and this just confirms it.  I'll probably get
this, and also whatever the replacement for the Canon 5D is, so's I can
use my nice Oly legacy glass on a full-frame digital with more Mpixels
and better dynamic range.  I'm also hoping to acquire the new Oly Zuiko
Digital 50-200 lens that's supposed to be replacing the present model.
Above and beyond that, we'll see.

Garth