[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:23:00 +1000
So you've adapted, right? It's just that you'd rather be taking photos.
We are sitting here using computers that drove a whole class of
highly skilled tradesmen out of work - I'm thinking of typeographers/
typesetters who spent five years apprenticed to learn their craft and
were virtually wiped out overnight. Sometimes I miss seeing decent
type layout now when any mug thinks that they can do it and will.
What now happens is that those people designing websites, ads and
brochures will source their images from cheap stock because it's
cheap and makes sense. Just send the client the lightbox and let them
choose suitable images. It makes sense.
Be positive - shoot for art because it is and use a source like
iStock for the crap.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx