[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:48:20 -0300
2007/8/28, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>:

> Easy for you to say this. Remember, though, someday you will be on the
> receiving end of this unpleasantness.

Happens all the time, but people adapt and live on.  Only thing that
can help is educating people to ask for the best — to get back on
topic, for example to buy cameras for their quality, handling and
overall concept, not for spec sheets.

But then one gets called elitist for buying Olympus, Leica or whatever
else instead of the latest Cannikon.

Not that I'm hopeful, sometimes there simply aren't enough educated
people.  In my own professional area, relational databases, only now
after 30 years of SQL we are seeing some light at the end of the
tunnel.  Decadence without a golden age is sad.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra