[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:51:16 -0600
Bill Pearce wrote:
> Garth,
>
> Easy for you to say this. Remember, though, someday you will be on the
> receiving end of this unpleasantness.

Um, Bill?

I've been "on the receiving end of this unpleasantness" (actually, other
analogous unpleasantnesses) at least four times in the last twenty years
or so.  And it's *not* "easy for me to say this," but thanks for making
the assumption that somehow my life's been gilded.

I've learned.  It's human nature to want things to stay the same and --
especially as I've grown older -- to not have to do new stuff.  I'm
doing it anyways.  It's frightening sometimes, and exhilarating.  And it
makes me feel younger, when there are way too many things in my life
conspiring to make me feel older, useless and irrelevant (like the damn
ensuite I'm re-modeling at the moment).

You can eat your own lunch, or you can watch in shock and dismay while
someone else eats it for you.  I've had enough of the latter for several
lifetimes, thanks, and I've also discovered that there is no Door Number
Three.

Garth