[OM] Re: Digital Black and White

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Black and White
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:28:07 -0600
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> How does one do that?  As far as I know, my 5D can do +/- 2 stops but it
> can only shoot a 3 frame bracket series.

Chuck, I may be talking out of my hat here -- my buddy Royce and I have
been out on shoots together where I could *swear* he fires off a
five-frame sequence (and I know he's doing it for purposes of HDR), but
I'd be the first to admit that I'm not paying particularly close
attention to what he's doing, since I'm trying to do my own thing.  If
it's only three frames, then my apologies to the Assembled Ones.  I've
only had the most superficial of opportunities to play with the 5D, and
blasting through its feature-set made me drool, but I was moving pretty
fast, and my memory's not what it used to be.

(Hell, come to think of it, my memory's *never* been what it used to

Mind you, even if it's only three frames, combining the higher dynamic
range of the Canon chip with a 4-stop extension in DR can still be
pretty significant.  Like to see that on the new E-thingie, fer sure...

Garth