[OM] Re: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture without a camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:00:50 +1000
I'm sorry but I was brought up partly in a millieu where real men
drank red wine and brandy while beer was a light, unserious drink for
women and warm days.
  Then I moved to Oz where men are men and sheep are nervous and
drinking anything but strong beer was considered a dangerous and
subversive activity until recent times when every underemployed
lawyer started up a boutique vinyard.
I was with a a party of a dozen teachers in a small mining town once
and we drank them out of red on the first night - but then they only
had a half-dozen bottles for emergencies like lost middle class
tourists. They had to get more trucked in for us but they weren't
entirely happy about it. And they served it cold. Very cold.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx