[OM] Re: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture without a camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 07:26:22 +1000
And what on earth do you think that they do in Bordeaux in the summer
when the temp. frequently tops 40degC and they don't really do air
conditioning that much? THey drink a very light red called Clairet
(and oh how I wish they'd make it around here) from which, of course,
we get the word Claret and they, gasp, choke, the horror, keep it in
the FRIDGE! It's not rosé, but a true red but they don't leave it on
the skins for long so it's even lighter than a fresh Beaujolais.
A favorite of mine which they also do as a cooler is to put one hit
of Mur (blackberry liqueur) into one shot of Clairet and top it up
with Perrier to taste. Makes a change from Cassis (blackcurrant
liquer and white wine). A couple of those on a warm afternoon and you
feel quite relaxed.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx