[OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:14:56 -0400
I used to buy Maxtor, WD or Seagate based on price.  Then, for reasons I
can't remember, I dropped Maxtor from the list.  Then I ended up buying
a WD and Seagate of identical capacity at nearly the same time and ran
both of them through their respective utilities to create a bootable
drive copy from old to new.  I was so disgusted with the poor quality of
the WD software that I vowed not to buy any more WD products and used
the Seagate software to configure the WD.  I figured if WD software QC
was that bad perhaps it would rub off on the hardware side of the business.

Anyhow, I'm only buying Seagate at the moment and it has nothing to do
with speedy seek times or minimal rotational delays.

Chuck Norcutt