[OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:42:59 -0400

I'm looking into the pci card approach.  My Dell has 6 SATA drives in it (1
optical, 5 hard drives) and I need more storage.  I've found a couple four
port cards that will do Raid5 with external drives.  I'm tempted by that.
The Seagate 750GB external SATA drives can be had for $199.  Their
wonderful, fast drives. I already have 6.